Flavor #2 - Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure


Raise money for The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure - Robert Burke, Sarasota FL

One of the 31 Flavors is especially meaningful to me. On September 26th, I will join thousands of other Chicagoans in the fight against breast cancer by walking in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.

My grandmother was first diagnosed with breast cancer in her late 20s. She was in remission for more than 40 years until its aggressive return which claimed her life. She was a kind, giving and talented woman. Mother to 4 boys, and grandmother to 28 grandchildren, family get-togethers at her house were busy and wonderful! I have lovely memories of pumpkin (squash) pies, costume fittings and sing-alongs around the piano. Though our time together was cut short, I am so grateful to have known this amazing woman.

Her birthday was on December 12th, so I am hoping to raise $1,212 in her name. If you would like to donate, please follow the link below:


Any amount gets us closer to a cure.

Thank you all for your friendship and love! This is going to be a year to remember!

Love,

Kelsey

0 comments:

About this blog:

The Mission:
Try 31 new things before my 32nd birthday
The Deadline: June 11, 2010



32nd Birthday!

Share on Facebook